Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Crossing State Lines

As I mentioned last week-- I traveled downstate to Westchester County, NY to visit my big bro and his wife.

I ventured out on a run early Saturday morning and it was going so well I decided to run across the border-- crossing state lines!!! Yes, for the first time in my life-- I ran in two states during one workout-- how about that for a good run!

Ok-- so they live right on the NY/Connecticut border (literally 5 minutes from Greeenwich CT) but still-- I ran through 2 states! I can still brag right??

It was a great run. Westchester County and Greenwich CT, are both very beautiful. Full of rolling hills, quiet settings-- making it very hard to fathom you are only 30 minutes from New York city.

During the run-- I realized we, as runners are very lucky. Those of us who can run long distances are able to take in the sights, explore, in a way that is much more intimate than a car ride or even a walk. We travel slow enough to see and experience everything-- but fast enough not to get bored.

I can't wait for the next trip!

Another first??? Taking a picture of myself-- while running-- I took several, this was the only one not blurred :)

6 comments:

  1. Running through two states is pretty cool. And taking in the sites while running is so much better than by car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you can totally brag! That's pretty cool.

    I've tried taking photos of myself while running before - it's not easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. That's not blurry? I guess the others must have been totally like "What the hell am I looking at?".

    Glad you enjoyed your time visiting with your brother. I've yet to cover two states in one run, so you've got me there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patrick - Yes, the Goofy Challenge takes place during Marathon Weekend at WDW! I'll be running the half on Saturday and the full on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interstate runner... congratulations!

    Love your action shot - it's terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comment! Don't be too jealous but I run across state borders a couple times a week! haha. Your views seem better than mine of the chemical valley. Nice blog :)
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete