Friday, April 17, 2009

Friday Morning-- I am happy again!


Why??? You guessed it-- I ran today and it felt wonderful! The weather here in Buffalo was great today, sunny and in the 60's. I ran through beautiful Delaware Park, for those who don't know, it's an Olmstead park. It was designed by the same gentleman behind New York's Central Park-- Frederick Law Olmstead.








The Delaware park is the jewel of the Olmsted system, 350 acres of meadow, forest and lake. There's a great and very scenic 1.8 runners loop-- I ran around twice and it felt great. I would have done another two loops but had to get to work.

Tommorow, I am running in a 5k-- I am hoping to beat my last time of 27:31-- I am shooting for 25:00.. I will let you know how it goes.

Question: When running a 5k what do you eat the night before? 3.1 miles isn't a lot-- much less than I normally run-- so should I really carb up that much tonight???

4 comments:

  1. I prefer spaghetti two nights before any race with consistent snacking and a light dinner the day before the race. I think for a 5K, though that's probably more of a mental routine than an important fueling regimen. As long as you don't eat junk today, you should be fine. Good luck! I'm racing a 5K tomorrow too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, good for you for picking half-marathon as a goal! I wouldn't eat extra before a 5k, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful park!! I love how green it is there.

    Good luck on your 5K. Regarding your question... I have no advice. It's too late, anyway.

    Keep us posted on your race!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i Patrick! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on my blog the other day! You asked about how I feel if I don't run - I don't get moody or anything. More like guilty if I skip a planned run. I do take one day a week for rest.

    Good luck on your 5K! I have one too this morning. I'm in Southern California, you'll be done before I even walk out the door. Grr... Interesting thing - I answered you questions about fueling and hydrating for a 5K in my blog yesterday. Pretty coincidental!

    You're now on my list - I'll be checking in regularly.

    ReplyDelete