Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Headache & Turkey Chili

OK-- The snow is gone, the sun is out-- things are finally looking up in my neck of the woods, except for the head that is.

Today started great. I got up at 6a.m., went to the gym, ran 3 miles on the tread and worked chest/biceps (trying to just tone up). I cam home, ate my bananna, had a cup of joe, filled the crockpot with healthy goodness, and off to work. Around 10 am it hit-- the dreaded headache and I am not sure what triggered it. I took a half day- I'm now home propped up on the couch nursing myself. I begin to feel better as the smell spreads through the air-- ahhh remember the crockpot full of healthy goodness??? Turkey Chili-- sooooo good! It's very heatlhy too! Here is the "ooooh it's so good" (for you Mr Food fans) recipe-- feel free to tweak, it's chili after alland deserves your personal touch!

1lb 99% fat free ground turkey (Wegmans, love that gorcery store!) Brown that up baby!
2 small onions chopped
1 can tomato sauce
1 can of water
2 teaspoons of liquid smoke
chili powder or season packet-- I put in two- because I am spicey!!!
1 green pepper chopped
mix it all in, turn the pot on low-- pow-- you got chili--- in just a few hours.

During my not so healthy days I would top the chili with extra sharp cheddar, the more the beddar, and lots of dallups of fattening sour cream--- now:

Fat free tomato basil feta (so good) and/or Lowfat cottage cheese--

Have a super day everyone-- for now, I'm out!

No comments:

Post a Comment