Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tuesday Morning Bliss-- Covered in White.

Ok-- I woke up in a great mood-- excited to gear up, go out the door, and greet the day with my morning run-- then I looked outside. It had snowed all night long..... in April!!!! Yes, I live in Buffalo NY and yes it can and does happen occasionally in the spring. I also work in the TV news biz so it wasn't a complete suprise. The meterologist had warned it was coming the night before but I truly did not believe some 2 inches of the white stuff actually stuck to the ground! I thought it would all melt away overnight but that was not the case. The sidewlks were too snow covered to run and I was concerned about injury. I was set back-- but not defeated. I settled for the gym and ran 5 miles on the treadmill!

I had taken my rest day yesterday, only my second in 4 weeks. I felt horrible. Running is an addiction and a day without it is painful in my opinion-- I just hope I am not burning myself out before the end of May and the Buffalo Marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment